The Visual Arts have the power to enrich the lives and endeavors of humankind. In a highly technological society such as ours, the visual arts serve as a humanizing force, giving dignity and a sense of worth to the individual. They provide the means by which aesthetic quality and order are derived from the exercise of an individual’s creativity and critical understanding.
- Through Visual Arts Education, students learn the meaning and value of creativity and innovation,
- Demonstrating originality and inventiveness in work and being open and responsive to new and diverse perspectives.
- Developing, implementing, and communicating new ideas to others.
- Acting on creative ideas to make a tangible and useful contribution to the domain in which innovation occurs.
- Through Visual Art Education, students obtain critical thinking skills that shape their efforts and affect their personal value choices,
- Exercising sound reasoning in understanding and making complex choices and decisions.
- Understanding the interconnections among systems; identifying and asking significant questions that clarify various points of view and lead to better solutions.
- Framing, analyzing, and synthesizing information in order to solve problems and answer questions.
- Through Visual Arts Education, students learn to communication through visual images for complete literacy includes the ability to understand, respond to, and talk about visual images,
- Articulating thoughts and ideas clearly through more than written and spoken word.
Visual Arts Education prepares students for success in school, work, and life:
- Strengthing LITERACY as the visual arts are an essential language.
- Seveloping a GLOBALLY COMPETITIVE workforce since the visual arts develop essential skills for global competitiveness in the 21st century.
- Nurturing ENGAGED LEARNERS for the visual arts promote active and complex learning.