Career, Standards & Assessment Services (CSAS) Menu

The following sub-menu can be used to navigate within the CSAS Team web pages.

Welcome Back! It's Not Too Late to GRADUATE!


Adult Diploma Completion in Kansas

We're so happy that you have decided to finish your diploma. Earning a high school diploma is the single greatest thing you can do to improve your lifetime earning potential and achieve your future career goals. You are lucky because in Kansas there is no maximum age to return to school. So whether you are 25, 45 or 65, we have a program for you!

You have the option to earn a district-awarded high school diploma through an alternative program that you attend onsite or a virtual program that you attend from home.  Most programs accept students throughout the year, so there's no need to wait until August to enroll.

Click on a region to see the adult diploma completion and virtual programs that exist in your area. If you live in a county that borders two regions, be sure to check out the neighboring region too because there might be a program closer to where you live.



Region Name    

Counties Included

Kansas City

Johnson, Leavenworth and Wyandotte


Atchison, Brown, Doniphan, Douglas, Franklin, Jackson, Jefferson, Lyon, Marshall, Miami, Nemaha, Osage, Pottawatomie, Shawnee, Wabaunsee

North Central

Barton, Clay, Cloud, Dickinson, Ellsworth, Geary, Jewell, Lincoln, Mitchell, Morris, Osborne, Ottawa, Republic, Riley, Russell, Saline, Smith, Washington


Cheyenne, Decatur, Ellis, Gove, Graham, Logan, Ness, Norton, Phillips, Rawlins, Rooks, Rush, Sheridan, Sherman, Thomas, Trego, Wallace


Clark, Finney, Ford, Grant, Gray, Greeley, Haskell, Hamilton, Hodgeman, Kearney, Lane, Meade, Morton, Seward, Scott, Stanton, Stevens, Wichita

South Central

Barber, Butler, Chase, Comanche, Cowley, Edwards, Harper, Harvey, Kingman, Kiowa, Marion, McPherson, Pawnee, Pratt, Rice, Reno, Stafford, Sumner




Allen, Anderson, Bourbon, Chautauqua, Cherokee, Coffey, Crawford, Elk, Greenwood, Labette, Linn, Montgomery, Neosho, Wilson, Woodson 

 Southeast Region Northeast Region Kansas City Region North Central Region Wichita Region South Central Region South Central Region Southwest Region Northwest Region


GED Completion in Kansas

Another option available to you is GED completion. Upon successful completion of the GED tests, a Kansas State High School diploma will be awarded by the Kansas Board of Regents. This is not the same as an accredited high school diploma that is awarded by a district for successfully completing the required credits. You should consider the number of credits you have left to earn, your timeline for completion and your future career goals when deciding between GED and Diploma completion programs.

The Kansas GED program is administered by the Kansas Board of Regents. You may go to the Kansas Board of Regents webpage to access GED information or to request copies of GED transcripts and diplomas. You may access the Rules and Regulations for the Kansas GED program by clicking here.

Assistant Director - Standards
Alternative / Charter / Virtual Schools

David Fernkopf
(785) 296-8447

Deputy Commissioner:
Division of Learning Services

Dr. Ben Proctor
(785) 296-2303

Career, Standards and Assessment

Beth Fultz
(785) 296-3142

Assistant Director: 
Career and Technical Education (CTE)

Natalie D. Clark
(785) 296-4351

Assistant Director: 
Curricular Standards

Dr. David Fernkopf
(785) 296-8447

Assistant Director: 

Julie Ewing
(785) 296-2325

Assistant Director: 
Kansas Volunteer Commission

Dr. Jessica Dorsey
(785) 296-3163

Copyright 2024 by Kansas State Department of Education | 900 SW Jackson St. | Topeka, KS 66612 Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use  |  System Maintenance Notices  |  Open Records (PDF)

The Kansas State Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. (more information...)

To accommodate people with disabilities, on request, auxiliary aides and services will be provided and reasonable modifications to policies and programs will be made. To request accommodations or for more information please contact the Office of General Counsel at or by 785-296-3201.