Music is core to academic growth and central to the education of every student.
The Vision for Music Education: Music Education is an essential, vibrant part of life. Learning, performing, creating, and appreciating music brings meaning and richness to our heritage and culture. Music Education is a positive influence in the lives and education of students and society as a whole. Music Education facilitates learning in other subjects and enhances skills that children inevitably use in all areas of life.
- Through Music Education, students learn the meaning and value of creativity and innovation,
- Demonstrating originality and inventiveness in work and being open and responsive to new and diverse perspectives.
- Developing, implementing, and communicating new ideas to others through vocal and instrumental means.
- Acting on creative ideas to make a tangible and useful contribution to the domain in which innovation occurs.
- Through Music Education, students obtain critical thinking skills that shape their efforts and affect their personal value choices,
- Exercising sound reasoning in understanding and making complex choices and decisions.
- Understanding the interconnections among systems; identifying and asking significant questions that clarify various points of view and lead to better solutions.
- Framing, analyzing, and synthesizing information in order to solve problems and answer questions.
- Through Music Education, students learn to communicate through sound,
- Articulating thoughts and ideas clearly through more than written and spoken word.
Music Education prepares students for success in school, work, and life:
- Strengthing LITERACY as Music is an essential language.
- Developing a GLOBALLY COMPETITIVE workforce since Music develops essential skills for global competitiveness in the 21st century.
- Nurturing ENGAGED LEARNERS for Music promotes psychomotor and cognitive development.