Media arts Education
The Mission of Media Arts Education: Media Arts Education plays a pivotal role in putting a strong, versatile, and creative culture at the heart of contemporary learning in today’s world. It is well known through popular forms of film, television, and digital graphics. Media Arts encompasses a broad range of forms, tools, processes, and genres that are evolving. Media arts products are powerful vehicles for learning that are highly captivating and influence much of what we think and do. Media Arts is relevant to today’s students because it reflects our contemporary, global culture. It provides vehicles for all students to find success and enjoyment in learning and promotes critical thinking processes while engaging, real world activities that make the content more meaningful.
Media Arts Education promotes:
· Academic achievement
· Artistic expression
· Arts and content integration
· Convergence literacy; media, information,
· technological, digital, virtual, emerging
· Creativity and imagination
· Making meaning; relevance
· Pedagogical integrity
· Social relevance and vitality
· Technological mastery; inter-media fluency
· Vocational/entrepreneurial proficiency
Media Arts Education prepares students for success in school, work, and life:
· strengthing LITERACY as Media Arts is an essential, holistic language.
· developing a GLOBALLY COMPETITIVE workforce since Media Arts develops essential skills for global competitiveness in the 21st century.
· nurturing ENGAGED LEARNERS for Media Arts promotes expressive and cognitive development.