Dance is core to academic growth and central to the education of every student.
The Vision for Dance Education: Dance Education allows students to develop the capacity for creative, expressive movement; to demonstrate the necessity and positive results of expression through movement; to understand their own culture and the role of dance in their own and other’s lives.
- Through Dance Education, students learn the meaning and value of creativity and innovation,
- Demonstrating originality and inventiveness in work and being open and responsive to new and diverse perspectives.
- Developing, implementing, and communicating new ideas to others through creative movement.
- Acting on creative ideas to make a tangible and useful contribution to the domain in which innovation occurs.
- Through Dance Education, students obtain critical thinking skills that shape their efforts and affect their personal value choices,
- Exercising sound reasoning in understanding and making complex choices and decisions.
- Understanding the interconnections among systems; identifying and asking significant questions that clarify various points of view and lead to better solutions.
- Framing, analyzing, and synthesizing information in order to solve problems and answer questions.
- Through Dance Education, students learn to communication through creative movement,
- Articulating thoughts and ideas clearly through more than written and spoken word.
Dance Education prepares students for success in school, work, and life:
- strengthing LITERACY as Dance is an essential language.
- developing a GLOBALLY COMPETITIVE workforce since Dance develops essential skills for global competitiveness in the 21st century.
- nurturing ENGAGED LEARNERS for Dance promotes healthy living and active learners.