- Represents the following school districts, primarily in southeastern Kansas District 9
- First elected to the State Board in 2007, served as Vice-Chair 2009-10, was elected Chairman in 2013
- Committee Assignments — Kansas Advisory Committee for Career & Technical Education, Next Generation Science Capacity Building Sub-committee of the Review Committee
- 27 years experience as a public school teacher and curriculum director
- Worked as a North Central Association chairperson in more than 30 Kansas schools seeking accreditation through the NCA/QPA process
- Served as a teaching assistant and adjunct professor at Pittsburg State University
A native Kansan, Mrs. Shaver graduated from Fredonia High School and Independence Community College, before earning her Bachelor’s, Master’s and Specialist in Education degrees from Pittsburg State University. She served on the Independence Community College Board of Trustees for nine years and is past president of the Kansas Association of Community College Trustees.
She values education and believes in the importance of providing a quality education to all students in Kansas.