Based upon how a school meets the Performance and Quality Criteria, it will be classified as one of the following:
- Accredited - The school meets minimum performance and quality criteria.
- Accredited on Improvement - For 2 consecutive years, the school fails to meet performance criteria for one or more assessed student group(s) or fails to meet three or more quality criteria.
- Conditional Accredited - For 3 consecutive years, the school fails to meet performance criteria for the "all" student groups or fails to meet four or more quality criteria.
- Not Accredited - For 5 consecutive years, the school fails to meet performance criteria for the "all" student group or fails to meet four or more quality criteria.
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA (Specific guidance begins on p. 34 of QPA Manual)
- Student Performance
- Participation Rate (in State Assessments)
- Attendance Rate
- Graduation Rate
ELEVEN QUALITY CRITERIA (Specific guidance begins on p. 10 of QPA Manual)
- School Improvement Plan with results-based staff development plan
- External Technical Assistance Team
- Locally determined assessments aligned with state standards
- Formal training for teachers in state assessments and curriculum standards
- Fully licensed staff
- Local board of education requirements meeting K.B.R. 91-31-34 (staff, minimum enrollment, student credit, records retention, interschool athletics, athletic practice)
- Local graduation requirements meeting K.B.R. 91-31-35
- Regents qualified admissions report
- Programs and services to support student learning (K- 12)
- Programs and services to support student learning (9 – 12)
- Local policies ensuring compliance