Registration problems or questions:
Ask for Karen at the HelpDesk.
Do I register as a new user or use an existing username and just request access to KEEP?
- To request access to KEEP (either during a first-time registration or while updating an existing account to include KEEP access), teachers will need to know their educator ID number. If they do not know it, use lookup at https://online.ksde.org/TLL/SearchLicense.aspx (enter last name and social security number to search).
- If a teacher has used the online web app to check on their licensure/renewal process, they will need to create a NEW registration with a DIFFERENT username than they used to access licensure look-up. They cannot use the same account or username for the KEEP system.
- If a teacher has access to other web apps (to run reports, etc.) they do not need to register again. To gain access to KEEP they will log in at the Authenticated Apps Portal and click “Manage My Account” on the left hand side. They will select the checkbox next KEEP in the list and submit to request access at the bottom of the page.
- If a teacher has participated in the online KEEP web app in a previous year they do not need to register or request access to KEEP for this year – it will carry over. If you cannot remember your username from using KEEP during a previous year, call the IT helpdesk at 785-291-0599.
Where do I register or log-in?
How do I register?
- If you need to register, there is a “Register” button mid-way down on the log in page.
- Enter the information requested on the page. Be careful with the username and password as they are both case sensitive. After you fill out the first page and select KEEP as the app you need access to, the next page will request your social security number and educator ID in order to match your new account with your data in the KSDE databases.
- After the second registration page you will be sent back to the original log in page. It won’t give you a message that you were successful – you’ll just see the original log in/register. Sometimes this page has red horizontal bars at the top letting people know that one app or another is down for maintenance – these red bars appearing are not an error message to your log in process.
- You cannot log in at this point. If you attempt to log in you’ll get a “your account is locked” message. That means that the KSDE IT staff has not approved your access yet. It does not mean you’ve done anything wrong – simply that the IT staff hasn’t approved it yet.
- For any issues with the registration process, call the IT helpdesk at 785-291-0599
“I tried to log in but it says my password is wrong. I even tried changing my password but I still get the same “password is incorrect” message when trying to log in.”
- This is most likely due to an error in typing the username. The username is case-sensitive and if you have different capitalization when trying to log in than when you created your username it will say your password is incorrect even if you have typed in the password correctly. It WILL still let you change your password even if you didn’t type your username with the correct capitalization – so you will have actually changed your password but you still won’t be able to log in.
- If you have questions about the correct capitalization within your username, call the IT helpdesk at 785-291-0599.