KSDE Weekly

Reporting and Operations

Teacher Licensure team has reminder for Professional Development Councils

This reminder is for Professional Development Councils (PDCs) in preparing professional development transcripts. 

If an educator needs college credit hours for renewal of a license, please be sure that the college/university is listed on the professional development transcript, along with the course name and number of credit hours earned. 

Please be advised that not all colleges/universities are on the semester credit hour calendar system. If an educator has completed credit hours at a non-Kansas institution, especially based in the west coast or pacific northwest, they may be on the quarter-credit system where one (1) quarter credit is equivalent to .67 semester credit hours.  

Please ask staff members to double check before taking what they think are semester credit hours from these institutions and that the institution is regionally accredited with transcripts that come from the registrar’s office. 

Additionally, submitting an official college/university transcript for renewal courses to the Kansas State Department of Education (KSDE) is no longer required, but PDCs should still require educators to submit these documents to the PDC to verify any college credit hours that are to be listed on an official professional development transcript. 

For more information or questions, email TLALicense@ksde.org

Posted: Aug 3, 2023,
Comments: 0,
Author: Ann Bush

Theme picker

Copyright 2024 by Kansas State Department of Education | 900 SW Jackson St. | Topeka, KS 66612 Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use  |  System Maintenance Notices  |  Open Records (PDF)

The Kansas State Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. (more information...)

To accommodate people with disabilities, on request, auxiliary aides and services will be provided and reasonable modifications to policies and programs will be made. To request accommodations or for more information please contact the Office of General Counsel at gc@ksde.org or by 785-296-3201.