Kansas State Department of Education

KSDE FaceBook link KSDE Twitter link Contact KSDE

Initial License for Kansas Graduates Requirements

Use this form if you have completed an approved program at a Kansas college/university.

This includes the following types of licenses:

  1. Initial Teaching License
  2. Initial School Specialist License
  3. Initial School Leadership License
  4. Added endorsement by program completion
  5. One-Year Nonrenewable
  6. Standard Substitute

If you have questions about which license to apply for contact the Licensure Officer at your Kansas college/university.

Ready to Apply

Before you can fill-out and submit any online application, you must register a user name and password to be used for this application process.  Remember this user name and password if you want to pay electronically when it is time to pay!

Steps for completing an online application: 

  1. Access the *Public Authenticated Applications website.
  2. Click on the register button to display the KSDE User Registration Form.
  3. Follow the steps to complete the registration process.
  4. Log in with the username and password you created to see the KSDE Web Applications link.
  5. Click on the “License Application” menu option to access the application form you need.
  6. Fill in the form and submit.
  7. You can monitor the progress of your application using the Educator License Lookup.

*Do not log-in with the username and password you may use to access KEEP or other KSDE authenticated applications.

Office/Building Hours
M-F 8am - 5pm

Licensure Operator 

Director of Teacher Licensure & Accreditaton
Mischel Miller

Assistant Director Licensure
Susan Helbert

Assistant Director Accreditation, Educator Evaluation, and Professional Development
Jeannette Nobo

Assistant Director Kansas Volunteer Commission
Jessica Noble

Click here for a complete list of
Licensure Consultants >>

Educator Evaluation Staff

PK-12 Accreditation Staff

Graduation and Schools of Choice >>

Higher Education and Educator Preparation >>

Professional Learning >>

Kansas Volunteer Commission >>

Mentoring >>

Copyright 2018 by Kansas State Department of Education | 900 SW Jackson St. | Topeka, KS 66612 Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use  |  System Maintenance Notices  |  Open Records (PDF)
The Kansas State Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. (more information...)