Form 3c Transitional License Requirements

If your initial, conditional or professional Kansas license has been expired for at least six months, you are eligible to apply for a one-year nonrenewable transitional license. The transitional license will allow you to accept a full-time job for one school year while you complete renewal requirements during that school year.

Office/Building Hours:
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Send all mail to:

Attention: Teacher Licensure
900 S.W. Jackson Street, Suite 106
Topeka, KS 66612-1212

Licensure Operator
(785) 296-2288

Copyright 2024 by Kansas State Department of Education | 900 SW Jackson St. | Topeka, KS 66612 Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use  |  System Maintenance Notices  |  Open Records (PDF)

The Kansas State Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. (more information...)

To accommodate people with disabilities, on request, auxiliary aides and services will be provided and reasonable modifications to policies and programs will be made. To request accommodations or for more information please contact the Office of General Counsel at or by 785-296-3201.