Q1. My 3 or 5 year license is expired. What do I need to do to renew?

Created on: 10/10/2013; Modified on 10/10/2013; License Renewal


Applicants living in Kansas: 

AFTER SEPTEMBER 1, 2003 semester credit hours for renewal must have approval from a local professional development council (PDC) in a school district where you live or work.  Contact the local district office where you live or work for details.

Applicants living out-of-state: 

If your Kansas certificate has expired you may be eligible to reinstate your Kansas license if you have been employed out-of-state in a state-accredited school system under a valid license or certificate for at least three of the last six years.  Contact Teacher Education and Licensure at 785-291-3678 
If you have not been employed recently:

wait until you move back to Kansas and then work with a local professional development council to earn professional development points for renewal.

if you want to maintain your Kansas license while living out-of-state, you may work through the Licensure Review Committee as your professional development council.  As a first step, you will need to complete a form to file an individual development plan with the Licensure Review Committee.  Contact Diana Stephan at 785-296-2280.


Q2. Where can I find available job openings for teaching positions in the State of Kansas?

Created on: 10/10/2013; Modified on 10/10/2013; How to Become a Teacher


The Kansas Education Employment Board (KEEB) is a free teacher recruitment service aimed at attracting teachers to Kansas teaching jobs. In addition to advertising up-to-date teaching jobs in Kansas, KEEB allows applicants to apply for positions electronically and provides information on licensure, state sponsored tuition and scholarship programs, and resume assistance. KEEB is supported by the Special Education Services Team of the Kansas Department of Education.


Copyright 2024 by Kansas State Department of Education | 900 SW Jackson St. | Topeka, KS 66612 Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use  |  System Maintenance Notices  |  Open Records (PDF)

The Kansas State Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. (more information...)

To accommodate people with disabilities, on request, auxiliary aides and services will be provided and reasonable modifications to policies and programs will be made. To request accommodations or for more information please contact the Office of General Counsel at gc@ksde.org or by 785-296-3201.