Goal 1: The Kansas S3 Continuum will implement a measurement system that serves at least 20% of the total student population, uses valid and reliable survey instruments, and adheres to a data collection schedule.
- Objective 1: Identify eligible schools to receive funding for strategic planning (Year 1) and to participate in evidence-based interventions (Years 2-4) as measured by the Conditions for Learning (CFL) Index.
- Outcome: Eligible schools will have opportunities to develop a strategic plan for the implementation of research-based interventions, receive technical assistance, and improve their School Safety Score.
- Objective 2: Monitor and maintain data integrity through a rigorous evaluation of district improvement and outcomes each year of the project.
- Outcome: Effective use of data to identify problems and address those problems with programmatic interentions.
- Objective 3: Assist districts in gathering input from parents, staff, and community representatives in a comprehensive needs assessment process.
- Outcome: Increased staff, parent, and community involvement through capacity building with regional prevention centers, community coalitions, and other agencies.
Goal 2: The Kansas S3 Continuum will utilize the Kansas Communities That Care Survey, the Culture for Excellence and Ethics Assessment (CEEA) and incident data to determine each eligible school’s CFL Index.
- Objective 1: Improve schools’ CFL Index over the course of the project as measured by a combined reduction of 30 day alcohol use, bullying, and violent incidences.
- Outcome: Schools receiving interventions will see improved CFL Indexes as measured by a reduction of 30-day alcohol use, bullying, and violent incidences.
Goal 3: The Kansas S3 Continuum will integrate data-driven, research-based interventions within eligible Kansas schools that will encourage student engagement, create safe school environments, and invite community support through the state’s multi-tiered level of supports (MTSS) system.
- Objective 1: Increase opportunities for Kansas high schools to implement research-based interventions addressing the prevention of substance abuse, alcohol usage, bullying, and violence among students throughout the course of the project.
- Outcomes: Eligible schools will utilize research-based interventions and receive continued support.
- Objective 2: Improve collaboration with other school safety reform efforts to S3 throughout the course of the project as measured by training and technical assistance logs.
- Outcome: Increased communication and collaboration between KSDE initiatives (MTSS), service centers, regional prevention centers, school districts and other organizations.
- Objective 3: Improve sustainability by aligning S3’s efforts with MTSS, Partnership for 21st Century Skills, Character Education Initiative and other statewide and local initiatives as measured by an approved strategic plan.
- Outcome: Increased probability of sustainment of S3 through the use of research-based interventions aligned with statewide initiatives