This page provides information on the KCC, EDCS, and KIDS STCO Records connection.
KSDE offered a joint informational presentation incorporating KSDE representatives from Kansas Course Codes (KCCMS), Teacher Education and Licensure (EDCS/LPR), and Kansas Individual Data on Students (KIDS). This presentation was on January 31, 2013 and February 1, 2013. It was recorded and is now available for viewing by selecting the link below.
Teacher of Record Definition:
A Teacher of Record is a licensed educator who is responsible as a lead or co-educator for students’ academic goals that are within a course.
- The Teacher of Record relationship is maintained in the EDCS A lead is defined as having >51% responsibility.
- A co-educator is defined as having 50% responsibility (along with another co-educator).
- Local schools are responsible for the determination of percentages.
- Not during the current school year, but at some point in the future it is expected that accountability (including evaluations) will be based upon the Teacher of Record relationship.
- We acknowledge that a student’s education may be impacted by many contributing professionals in addition to a lead or co-educator, however the Teacher of Record relationship is focused on these two roles.