This page provides information on the KCC, EDCS, and KIDS STCO Records connection.
Teacher of Record Definition:
A Teacher of Record is a licensed educator who is responsible as a lead or co-educator for students’ academic goals that are within a course.
- The Teacher of Record relationship is maintained in the EDCS A lead is defined as having >51% responsibility.
- A co-educator is defined as having 50% responsibility (along with another co-educator).
- Local schools are responsible for the determination of percentages.
- Not during the current school year, but at some point in the future it is expected that accountability (including evaluations) will be based upon the Teacher of Record relationship.
- We acknowledge that a student’s education may be impacted by many contributing professionals in addition to a lead or co-educator, however the Teacher of Record relationship is focused on these two roles.