Each year during AmeriCorps Week, we recognize the commitment of AmeriCorps members and alums by highlighting the extraordinary impact AmeriCorps makes across our nation every day. This year, AmeriCorps Week will take place from March 9 - 17, 2013.
The two main goals for AmeriCorps Week 2013 include:
- Connecting AmeriCorps members and alums with each other so they feel they are a part of a nationwide effort.
- Communicating AmeriCorps’ powerful impact on critical problems and on the lives of its members and alums. The theme this year, “AmeriCorps Works”, communicates the value and effectiveness of AmeriCorps while providing flexibility to be used in many different contexts. It provides an overarching framework to communicate AmeriCorps triple bottom line return on investment -- for the recipients of service, the people who serve, and the larger community and nation.
If you are hosting an activity or event to celebrate AmeriCorps Week, please fill out this form and email to email@example.com.
Resources to help you celebrate and promote AmeriCorps Week:
- This website contains links to FREE marketing materials and logos for both print and website/social medi
- AmeriCorps Impact Guide
- This resources is a "How To" guide in setting up your celebration and promotional efforts. It is loaded with tons of information and tips! (Tip - you can use it for more than just AmeriCorps Week)
- Kansas AmeriCorps Local Press Release Template
- Use this template to create your own press release to send to your media contacts
- Post the press release on your website and/or social media - be sure to send the link to KVC!
- AmeriCorps Alums
- This website is a host of valuable information - especially pertaining to "Life After AmeriCorps"
- You might include an archived session or two from their Career Webinar Series during your AmeriCorps Week celebration with your AmeriCorps members to help them begin thinking about next steps. (Some of our favorites are The Effective Segal Ed Award and Resume Assistance - but seriously, they are all good!)
- Don't Forget Social Media
- Change your Facebook Avatar to the AmeriCorps Works logo, directions found here
- Twitter Users
- @AmeriCorps Works