Google's SketchUp Pro, a 3D modeling software application, is being offered at no cost to Kansas schools through statewide K-12 licensing grants. SketchUp Pro can be integrated into many subject areas, from mathematics and science, to computer technology and English, to pre-architecture and engineering classes (http://sitescontent.google.com/google-sketchup-for-educators/Home). It is also widely used with Google Earth to support creative, real-world applications for a tool that is commonly used by professionals.
If your district would like SketchUp Pro, simply complete the following Google Form and the TAKE team will email you download/licensing information: http://goo.gl/tu9ay
The form requests:
- Information related to district/contact information;
- The number of students /associated grade levels that will be using Google SketchUp Pro.
- The courses in which Google SketchUp Pro will be used as an instructional resource.
- The type(s) of licenses the district needs:
- Window single-user (up to 30: each code may be used by more than one teacher but not simultaneously)
- Mac single-user (up to 30: each code may be used by more than one teacher but not simultaneously)
- Windows lab (for up to 300 users per network)
- Mac lab (for up to 300 users per network)
- Windows laptop (for both lab and at-home use)
- Mac laptop (for both lab and at-home use)
If you have questions about this project, please contact Melinda Stanley, State Education Technology Coordinator at email@example.com by phone at 785.296.1204.