This track is designed for Program staff members who act as the data stewards for assessments and accountability data (which is the data that is submitted to KIDS via the TEST, EXIT, and EOYA Collections). The focus of this track is on the impact that quality data has on the school or district in the areas of Accountability measures and State Assessments. Staff members who are responsible for maintaining assessments and accountability data are ideal candidates for this track.
Participants will review the submission guidelines for the TEST, EXIT, and EOYA Collections and data quality best practices.
This track is designed for specialized Program Staff, such as Assessment Coordinators and other building or district personnel responsible for data that directly affects State assessments and/or Accountability measures. This person does not submit the batch files to the KIDS Collection System, and this person may or may not enter data into the Online Data Tool or Student Information System; however, they play a role in collecting and/or organizing assessments and accountability data for those who do.
Sample Certification Exercises
- Use KIDS help resources
- Develop specific strategies for improving data accuracy at the school and district level
- Understand the purposes of all of the TEST, EXIT, and EOYA Collections
- Increase awareness of the importance of data accuracy
- Utilize the tools (reports) available in KIDS to audit data
- Increase understanding of the KIDS data elements that pertain to the State assessment and accountability Collections (TEST, EXIT, and EOYA)
- Learn how to identify and address discrepancies in assessment data elements
- Learn to distinguish between the Accountability School, the Funding School, and the Attendance School
- Complete exercises that assess fluency with the KIDS Assessment & Accountability Reports
- Complete a scavenger hunt to better understand the KIDS data elements related to assessments and accountability
All requirements must be completed four months after starting the program.