- Represents the following school districts in northeastern Kansas District 4
- First elected to the State Board in 2008
- Committee Assignments — Governmental Affairs Committee for the National Association of State Boards of Education, KSHSAA Executive Committee representative, and Policy Committee member
- Past president of the Topeka Public Schools Board of Education, past president of the National Federation of Urban Suburban School Districts, a member of the Kansas and Topeka Alliances of Black School Educators; served on the 2010 Commission, which was charged with developing education funding recommendations to take the state through the year 2010
- Experience with numerous community organizations including YWCA Board, Kansas Advisory Council on Intergovernmental Relations, and co-founder of Circle of Women mentoring group
Ms. Wims-Campbell is a recipient of the State of Kansas Governor’s Dr. Martin Luther King Living the Dream Award and Topeka Public Schools Friends of Education Award. She is a life-long member of St. Mark’s African Methodist Episcopal Church and remains active in the work of the congregation. She has one grown daughter Erica.