District name: _________________ Website: ______________________________________________
Contact person:________________ E-mail: ____________________ Phone: ____________________
- In terms of [specific goal area], what approaches do you think are making the biggest difference in improving student achievement? In what way? Why did you select those approaches?
- How have you included staff in decision making around the approaches you have put in place?
- How is success or progress measured at the district level? At the school level? At the classroom level?
- How has moving to this approach made a difference in teaching practices in your district/school?
- What is the system the district uses to make transitions for students entering and leaving the district or moving to a new school within the district?
- What kind of professional development does the district/school provide for staff and families?
- How has the district/school involved families in strategies that improve student achievement?
- How have you budgeted your resources to provide for this approach?
- What surprises did you encounter in your first year of implementation?
- How do district staff members use assessment to make program and instructional decisions?
- What role has trust played between the district and other stakeholders? How do you build on that trust?
- What is the district’s/school’s system for reevaluating and updating its plan annually?
- How would you describe the relationship between district and school staff members?
- What do you see as the greatest opportunities this approach has provided for your staff and students?
Specific observations you want to share: