1. Write the district mission statement below.
2. Write each individual part of the mission statement and put it in the “what we say” column.
3. Write the evidence that can measure what is said in the mission statement.
4. You may find that you need to gather more evidence to show whether what is said is actually happening within the district.
5. You may also find that the district mission statement does not adequately represent what is happening/what should happen now. If this is the case, create a new one.
Adapted from “Monitoring Our Mission, Holcomb, E.C. (1999) Getting Excited About Data: How to Combine People, Passion, and Proof. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.