STATE BOARD DISTRICT 2
Mr. Steve Roberts
6017 W 124th Terrace
Overland Park, KS 66209
(913) 302-8185 (cell)
- Represents the following school districts within Johnson County and a portion of Wyandotte County: District 2
- Elected to the State Board in 2012
- Committee Assignments - Charter and Virtual Education Advisory Council, NASBE Rural Education Committee
- Presently teaches secondary math and science at the Kickapoo Nation School in Powhattan, Brown County
- Business background includes print and radio media, electrical engineering, and telecommunications, plus experience teaching in a variety of classrooms within public, private and parochial school.
Mr. Roberts holds a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Missouri and a Master of Education degree from Grand Canyon University. He is a licensed teacher in Kansas with endorsements in secondary math, physics and earth/space science. He and his wife live in Overland Park.