Please read the requirements before accessing the application. Link to the application is located at bottom of page.
Form 2 Initial Out-of-State
Requirements for a Kansas Teaching License:
1. Bachelors degree - awarded by a regionally accredited institution
2. Teacher preparation program successfully completed
3. Valid out-of-state teaching license
4. Fingerprint - background clearance
5. “Recency” - teaching experience and/or credit hours completed within the last six years
6. Content and Pedagogy testing requirements OR exempted by accepting out-of-state tests or experience
Secondary Licensed Teachers with an Offer for Hire by a Kansas district
If you hold a currently valid secondary teaching license in another state AND you have an employment offer by a Kansas district to teach in grades 8-12:
If you want to seek a Kansas license for grades 6-12 (allowing you to also teach middle level in the subject area) follow all the steps indicated in the "Requirements for a Kansas Teaching License"
Not applicable to early childhood, elementary education, middle level, all level or special education subject endorsements.
School Leadership and School Specialist License:
1. Graduate degree and 3.25 graduate GPA
2. Completion of the appropriate, approved program
3. Valid out-of-state school specialist or school leadership license
4. Accredited experience and/or teaching license
5. “Recency”— teaching experience and/or credit hours completed within the last six years
6. Content test
Level of license issued is determined by the length of experience in leadership or specialist positions.
Select the link below to generate a fillable PDF Form 2 Initial Out-of-State application.
Complete form prior to printing and mailing to KSDE.
Form 2 Initial Out-of-State Application